SAMPLING AND ANALYSIS OF LIQUEFIED GASES
The direct injection approach of the Liquefied Gas Injector includes the proven fuel direct injection technique used by the automotive industry to inject fuel into the automotive engine combustion chamber. The LGI is connected to a standard GC injector needle, which is inserted into a GC large volume on-column injection system. Solenoid activation transfers the pressurized sample through the needle directly on-column. A sliding device moves the needle downwards for the injection and upwards for purging.
To allow a representative sample injection a Pressure Station is used to keep the sample in a liquid phase during the injection. The sample cylinder is installed using quick connectors. For liquid samples the Pressure Station adds high pressure Nitrogen to the sample cylinder and controls the outlet pressure and flow. Optionally the Pressure Station can also be configured for gas samples by including a vaporizer to control the sample evaporation after injection. The waste sample is vented to a central waste system to ensure laboratory safety.
|LGI Controller||LGI Injector||LGI Pressure Station|
THE DVLS LIQUEFIED GAS INJECTOR OFFERS LABORATORIES A SAFE, RELIABLE AND EFFICIENT GC STANDARD FOR THE FOLLOWING APPLICATIONS:
- Residue and light contaminants in LPG (ASTM D7756-13, EN 16423)
- Hydrocarbon composition of LPG (ASTM D2163 and ISO 7941)
- Sulfur compounds in LPG
- Desulfurization additives in LPG: DIPA, MEA & DEA
- Inhibitor, additives and Dimers in Butadiene
- Nitrogen, carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide and hydrocarbons in unstabilized Gas Condensate
DVLS LIQUEFIED GAS INJECTOR BENEFITS:
- Safe injection of liquefied gases
- The direct injection approach of the LGI is based on a proven fuel direct injection technique used by the automotive industry which eliminates the need for sample evaporation
- Representative sampling
- The pressure station ensures that the sample remains in the liquid phase during the injection process
- Proven technology
- Since its introduction in 2010 the LGI has been successfully used by a global installed base of leading oil refineries.
- Wide application range
- Accurate and fast performance
- Several case studies demonstrate an excellent and fast performance of the LGI
MORE INFORMATION ON THE DVLS LIQUEFIED GAS INJECTOR
Download the flyer and application notes or listen to the slide share presentation for an explanation of the innovative direct on-column injection.