MONITOR HYDROGEN IN GC OVEN AND DETECT HYDROGEN LEAKS
The DVLS³ Simply, Smart Sensor is installed in the GC oven for continuous monitoring of the hydrogen concentrations in the oven air. The LCD screen of the external controller displays the measured gas concentration. If the sensor detects a user defined hydrogen concentration, typically between 25% and 50% LEL (equal to 1%-2% by Vol. hydrogen), it will ensure the safety of the laboratory staff by several means:
- The LCD screen of the sensor controller starts flashing and the controller transmits an acoustic signal.
- The sensor software alerts the lab staff by:
- showing a red status on the dashboard
- sending an alarm message by e-mail, text (SMS), Growl or Prowl
- The sensor controller automatically switches the carrier gas to an inert gas and sends an automatic stop signal to the GC.
DETECT A HYDROGEN LEAK AND MORE WITH DVLS3 SIMPLY, SMART SENSOR
Due to the unique design of the DVLS3 Simply, Smart Sensor you can combine up to four sensors in one controller. For example use four sensors for several GC’s or connect several sensors to one GC. The sensor is compatible with all GC brands. Next to the hydrogen leak detection Da Vinci Laboratory Solutions offers multiple sensors dedicated to the detection of:
- Hydrogen (H2)
- Barometric Pressure
- Level (liquid) weight
|Controller Display||Controller Channels||Hydrogen Sensor|
DVLS3 SIMPLY, SMART SENSOR BENEFITS:
- Safe technique to constantly monitor hydrogen leaks
- Automatic alarm transmission through:
1. Optical and acoustic alarms
2. E-mail messages
3. Text (SMS) messages
- Dedicated software controls the alarm settings per sensor & user
- Audit trail function creates a record of the reported alarms and settings
- Automatic carrier gas switching from Hydrogen to Nitrogen
- Leak detection indicates analysis is compromised
- Automatic stop signal sent to the GC
- Easy calibration and installation
- Compatible with all GC brands
- Versatile design supports up to 4 sensors. Select four sensor types out of the following options:
2. Hydrogen as Leak Detector
4. Barometric Pressure
5. Level (liquid) weight
The versatile multi sensor offers GC labs a safe solution to change the GC carrier gas to hydrogen.
MORE INFORMATION ON THE DVLS3 SIMPLY, SMART SENSOR
Download the literature or listen to the slide share presentation for an explanation of the hydrogen sensor for GC systems.