Our BTEX Analysis System offers preconfigured systems to simplify and customize instrumentation to provide complete GC-based solutions. A powerful lineup of instruments working together ensures reliable analyses of even the most challenging analytical problem. The BTEX Analysis System product lineup includes: Agilent GC, OI Analytical Model 4760 Purge-and-Trap Sample Concentrator, Model 4450 Tandem PID/FID, columns, and standards.
Principal applications for the System VPH include: Massachusetts Volatile Petroleum Hydrocarbon (VPH) method; benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, xylenes, and other aromatics (BTEX); USEPA Methods 602, 8015, and 8020; GRO and DRO; leaking underground storage tank monitoring; fuel spills in soils; combined total leachate program; fuels in water (wastewater); ISO 15009 and 15680; and standard methods 6200C.
BTEX Analysis System Features:
- Standard system package includes all necessary hardware for analysis: Agilent GC, OI Analytical Model 4760 Purge-and-Trap Sample Concentrator, Model 4450 Tandem PID/FID, columns, and standards
- Sample Concentrator provides built-in Cyclone Water Management, rapid trap heating and cooling, Silcosteel sample pathway, unique protective sparge filter design, and optional Infra-Sparge Sample Heater for improving sample recoveries
- Uses the Tandem PID/FID for excellent sensitivity and linearity
- PID hidden-window design prevents lamp fouling
- Third detector capability offers additional analyses
- Choice of capillary columns
- Choice of autosamplers available for automated analysis
- Optional automated pH measurement
- Includes installation and startup using appropriate standards or methods in systems delivered in the U.S.
|Standard System VPH and System BTEX Hardware||
|Minimum Detectable Mass|
|PID||<40 pg benzene|
|FID||5 pg carbon/second propane|
|FID||±10% over a 106 range|
|Communications Interface||Ethernet/LAN connection to the sample concentrator and GC|
|Detector Output||1V full-scale analog voltage|
110 VAC (±10%), 60 Hz
|Benchspace Requirements||109.2 linear cm (43 inches) for a standard system|
|Gas Requirements||Ultrahigh purity H2 , and He (99.999% purity or better)|